Milan Aryal's Latest Posts

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Awakening the inner ‘I’

We live in a world where things are contrary to how we would wish them to be and in which situations can occur suddenly and ‘out of context’. This leaves us wondering what will happen next and creates a question mark about the future. Today, it is not a question of something unexpected not happening, instead it is a question of when the unexpected does happen, how do we then rise above it and support others to do the same?

Ultimately it’s our mind that experiences whatever we pass through it, like happiness, sorrow, anxiety et cetera. In a way we are ‘slaves’ to whatever happens in our mind. Our mind is swept this way and then that, depending upon the situation we are in. Hence, if we want to be able to face and rise above these insecurities, then we need to become masters of our minds. By becoming the one, we can remain stable and unharmed in any situation and respond positively.

So, in order to deal with and be a support to others no matter what happens, we need to make and keep our mind in the right direction. For this, we need to first understand ‘what the mind is’ and ‘who is the master of the mind’.

When we speak about the mind, we say ‘my mind’. Who is the one saying ‘my’ or ‘mine’? If I say ‘my mind’, then surely ‘I’ must be the master of ‘my mind’? Right? So, we need to ask ourselves these questions — Who am I? What is mine? In doing so, we come into the awareness of the inner ‘I’.

Our biggest mistake is to not understand who is saying ‘I’ and ‘mine’. Hence, when we recognise the ‘I’, we can reclaim our inner (soul) power, and by doing so we would become masters of our minds.

Editor’s note: Rajyogi Brahmakumar Nikunj ji is a writer at www.brahmakumaris.com and can be reached at nikunjji@brahmakumaris.in.